Tuesday, August 4, 2009

At Long Last..............

Zelda flying over Nightingale Isle

Here is a picture of Zelda on Nightingale Isle.
The Island has finally been delivered!!! Now, what to do with it? This feels like an overwhelming task and a very steep hill, but we will get there. I am so excited to get started creating/building a space for nursing students_faculty_nurses_patients etc......can gather, share and learn. I have elicited the assistance of my good friends Missy Spiritor and Spring Inkpen for support. They came over on Saturday night, made their avatars and we played for awhile.

I have a few items in my inventory that I pulled out on the island just to see how they would look. This week I will work on a design for the island. I will keep it fairly simple with a garden, main gathering building, some floating modules, an outdoor theater where presentations can take place, and a deck with a fire ring. I want to make sure the island has several places where discussions can take place because this is all about learning and sharing. By next Spring I hope to make some quiz chairs where students can practice for their state board exams. My friend Missy Spiritor has a vision of bringing her patients with MS to this island for some support and fun. We will be looking into making an area/building for these patients as well.

Let the games begin. I will be checking in again soon. Please leave any comments_suggestions for me. Thanks, Zelda (AKA Jone)

No comments:

Post a Comment